Saturday, April 28, 2007

Steady or not Steady?

I was toking to Gerald on MSN just now and we went into a topic on 'steady relationship'. Gerald told me about his friend who has a steady boyfriend of 3 years. So my question to Gerald was "How do you determine steady & unsteady?". Gerald said something like "when you are dying to see him... saying the 3 magical words everyday... care for him... think of him". But I quite disagree with that. I told Gerald these are just very superficial gestures.

This conversation got me thinking, how do you know whether your relationship is steady or not? Being together for long means steady? But I have people around me breaking up even after a 10 years marathon. Staying together means steady? But I see couples moving out seperately after co-habiting and ironically, their initial intention was to 'experience' marriage before they take their vows. Seeing each other every single day means steady? But married couples see one another everyday and yet, there are sooooo many divorce cases. Having trust in each other means steady? But how much can you trust a person and who can gaurantee you that this person will not betray your trust one day?

S.T.E.A.D.Y - someone please give me the definition.

Alot of people say things like "He/She's the One"..."I love no one else besides him/her"... "I definitely would love to marry him/she"...yada...yada...yada...in the end, relationship turns sour... and they turn to strangers. The word 'Steady' doesn't seems to be much stable itself.

Smart Gerald guessed it right. I am facing problems with my boyfriend. Don't ask me what's the problem coz it's impossible to spell it out. It's a feeling. Maybe it's the distance? Maybe it's the person? Maybe it's environmental factors? Or maybe, we have stepped into the 7th year crisis?

Perhaps, there's nothing steady on earth. Weather's ain't steady, buildings ain't steady, career ain't steady, health ain't steady, stock market definitely ain't steady and so does relationship.

|