Monday, October 02, 2006

Books Books Books!

During my trip to Taiwan, My brother-in-law brought me to the largest book store which closes at 2am. The English name of the bookstore is 'Eslite', and is known as 誠品書店.

I still remember how shocked *jaws dropped* I was when I alight from the Taxi right infront of 誠品信義店.
It's a 8 Storey building, standing alone all by itself. It reminds me of a Louis Vuitton Building actually. Imagine... 8 floors of books!!! But actually no lah, there's restaurants and bars; and they sell clothes and furnitures in the same building. Infact, only 4 levels are books. We got back to hotel at 3am that night, Can't bear to leave the building... too many good books but too little time!

Anyway, I bought 7 books back to Singapore. The books are twice as expensive if I get them in Singapore's Kinokuniya, ofcourse I grab lah! but it really adds a hefty weight to my luggage! *sweat* Many of them are cosmetic make-up books which are pretty much useful for me, and 1 of them is this....

The moment I saw this book...

I exclaimed: "Gor! you see! There's a comic about my life!!!"

My brother-in-law: "oh.. there's someone as short as you in the other side of the globe!"

Me: "The author is Japanese leh.. not surprising lor"
(oh btw, my optician commented I look like a Japanese because I'm fair and bright-eyed *blink blink*.. but com' on, everyone knows its because I'm as petite as them!)

Anyway, This comic has been laying on my shelf for almost half a year and I just took it out yesterday, blown the layer of dust away (haha... just exaggerating lah) and started reading it.

It's indeed illustrating my life... but actually I don't feel as bad as how the author illustrated. I've learnt to live with my height and it seriously doesn't bother me much until a leggy woman walks past me and reminded me how petite I am *rolling my eyes*.

It's a relaxing read... You can borrow from me if you are interested but gotta let you know before hand, it's in chinese. Haha... given up?


|