Monday, October 03, 2005

The pros of working in a big company are firstly - it has a HUGE office building by itself, secondly - it's usually located in business district which is so convenient, thirdly - the employee benefits are good, and last but not least - (what I like most about my company) it's overlooking the sea! But I believe I have not seen the dark side of big organisation yet. Im sure there is. I'm not even sure whether will I like my job scope.

Now when I tell people that Im working for 'blah blah blah' company, they will go "orh...that company huh!? How did u find the job?". In the past, when Im working for small organisations and I tell my friends it's 'so so so' company, they went "what is that? do what one?" See the difference? Now I can save alot of energy for not needing to explain the company's nature of business.

This morning after I reached office, my boss wanted to reallocate me to another department. So in the midst of deciding where to 'dump' me, the HR personnel suggested that maybe I should go have my breakfast and go for a walk. Hence, I went Ya Kun and have a cup of 'teh' and 2 pcs of 'peng loti'. After which, I went MPH to search for the book - 'The Missing Piece' and to realise there's no stock. So I thought to myself since my boss only wants to see me after lunch and then was only 11.10am, why dun I head down to Cityhall MPH? I went and voila! I found my book! I took a bus back to my office, spoke to my boss, and eventually they decided to 'dump' me back to the original department they offered me.

"ok lor, it's fine with me" I said. But actually deep inside me, I wished I will be reallocated.

Hopefully tomorrow the HR manager will speak to me and ask me which department I prefer.

That's my first day at work and being a 'wandaring spirit'. Btw, I would like to praise the good service of MPH's staff, tho' they are not smiley but they are very helpful. Good.

|