Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Supermarket Shopper

This afternoon I went to Market Place Supermarket alone. I love shopping in supermarkets. It's fun! But I dun really like cold storage and NTUC, would prefer Market Place and Daimaru (which has closed down). I alwayz get excited when my bro-in-law & sis drove me to Daimaru late at nite before it was closed down coz Daimaru closes at 12am and I've got all the time to shop!

Shopping alone in supermarket is great. Nobody to follow you around looking at what you pick up from the shelves and start commenting "eek..this one not nice one"..."wow..very fattening leh!"..."aiyoh, u eat such expensive stuffs?"..."eh..u finish buying already??"....
Especially when I shop with my dad...when we've got different taste. I don't understand why he stock up on Gusiness Stout and he doesn't understand why I need to drink so many kinds of tea. But I love the perk of shopping with my dad - I don't need to pay a single cent!

I was in the Market Place for an hour and guess how many items I brought to the cashier?? Haha. Voila! 3 items! I was reading the nutrition label on every single item I picked up and I took longer time to figure out when I picked up a Japanese product (and mostly are). I walked a few rounds and stopped at the same shelf a couple of times, to see whether I miss out on any delicious item and stared at the food to determine whether do I really need it. In the end, I bought a packet of Meji low-sugar hot chocloate powder, a packet of Japanese biscuits which is low in calories, and a bottle of Japanese apple vinegar.

I'm not someone who is into Japanese culture. I don't listen to Japanese songs, don't fancy Japanese shows, don't follow Japanese fashion trend, and don't idolise Japanese stars (ahem..okie..except Jin Cheng Wu). Ironically, I'm a lover of Japanese food. It's really interesting to shop for Japanese snacks and convenient food. Their packaging is fanciful, and they taste great & are healthier. But well, yes, they are much more expensive than local & malaysia's products. Once in awhile I indulge in their instant Udon (which cost S$5 per bowl), Meji Chocolate, Rice crackers, and bottled Milk tea.

All thanx to my sis & bro-in-law for pampering me which such food since I was a teenager.

Hmm....my next supermarket spree would be at Meideya.

|