Saturday, April 02, 2005

Updates! Updates!

Wow wow...it has been 2 wks since I last blogged. Haiz.. was kinda busy during that period of time. Yah i noe, my frenz muz be thinking: "Joyce is not working, wat the hell is she busy with!?!" Exactly, same question on my mind, I've got no idea too. So, before I wrote the following things, I thought for a few minutes and tried to recap all the happenings.

Ok, was really busy with Mr Wood's father's health condition. He was suffering from cirrhosis (liver hardening) due to a long period of hep C and also coz of late diagnose. His condition was pretty bad recently & he's old. Mr Wood's sis is now out-stationed in HK, staying for long, & his bro is in NS... so it's only him who's taking care of his dad. Kinda pity him, gotta handle stressful work in Airforce & his dad's tedious health condition. I juz feel that I need to be there to share his burden & give him sound advice. I could cry for him... both for the unfortunate events & my dilemma.

Thus, I was there for him, accompanying his parents to NUH for check up... run errands for Mr Wood... check out on some medical info. Oh! forgot to say, I actually accompanied Mr Wood's mum to this temple in Jurong for 'ask the god' session (aka 'wen shen'). Ofcoz! I dun believe in such things!! But since the elderly wans to go, got no choice but to tag along to ensure we noe what is happening. Haha! The 'wen shen' is really hilarious (I apologised to God for my rudeness & offence if the session is for true), but i'm thinking, why dun they pay me & ask me??? Since the answers 'the god' gave is sooo 'general knowledge'! I can give better suggestions lor! Duh! Once again, God, pardon my rudeness please, if the answers were really given by YOU, lord.

Todae I juz went to this TMC (Traditional Chinese Medicine) clinic with Mr Wood. Med there is really exp! S$500 for a week of medicine.. oh my gosh! but well, wat to do? Since the med is working for his dad.. and in western doc's point of view, only a liver transplant can save him now. No choice, we turned to TMC. Ofcoz, i have to be there to ensure the physician is someone reputable & not out to hoax people!!! Somehow, when a person who is in need of help desparately will do alot of irrational things to get a glimpse of hope. No, I wun allow Mr Wood to do that.

Todae, all of us are feeling much better. Everything settled down abit & Mr Wood has slightly relaxed himself. At least his dad is showing slight improvement & we are seeing hope in TCM. May god bless us. Felt happy when we went out todae, for once things seem to be looking good as before. At least Mr Wood responded to what I said and joked. Yes, finally I hear him joked after so long! Great feeling. Felt loved again. Had so much problems & conflicts with him for the past few months. Sometimes I feel like I'm a pain in the neck for making a fuss when he's there worrying for his dad. But Stonez, u all noe what agony (Ser noes more tho') i'm going thru rite? How do I not voice out? I will go nuts!!! Sign... hope things will only get better.

Was busy looking for jobs too... sent lotsa resumes & called my job agent. Hopefully there will be news next week. Sent this resume to airport for a transit lounge marketing job, hope i'll get it.

Met up a few times with Eliza & Gwen this 2 weeks (my Auston clique), life isn't easy for them too. Eliza wanna change job & got prob looking for jobs too (and she's with working exp, wats wrong with the job mkt!). Gwen has got problems in relationship & at home. Haiz.. 3 pitiful gals.. hence, we went yoga to relax our mind & body. In the end, we suffered 'jia lat' muscles ache! Argh! Not so relaxing after all...

Enjoying my French class with Ser. Although it's really tongue twisting and brain cracking, but it's real fun. Ser agree rite!? Haha... so next time we shall tok to Kar in French & she wun noe that we r scolding her... hahahaa... (Juz kidding Kar) ;)

K lah... enuff of updates. Thanx for attention if u did really bother to read it all! Pals thanx for being there :)


|