Saturday, May 14, 2005

Another Birthday Dinner

Today's my sis mum-in-law's birthday... Happy Birthday Auntie! Went to the 'Pariss' (dunno correct spelling anot) Restaurant at Marina Square for seafood buffet dinner. The ambience of the restaurant is a very 'class' and extravagent, but the service personnels there are mostly from china and mandarin speaking. Contradicting and ironic isn't it? Hah... but however, varieties of food is plentiful but the freshness and taste of it? Sux. It doesn't worth paying for all these food at S$50+ per person. But being typical Singaporeans, the five of us ate like a pigs and gorge down any food in sight... in total we spent S$271 leh...cannot waste $$ u noe... muz eat! S$271 in exchange of dunno how many pounds of calories.. stupid us.


1..2...3...4 persons.., Who do u think is holding the camera!?



Seems like the grape my sis mum-in-law's holding fascinates her more than my Ixus 40.


Before dinner, the 3 women, ranging from age 22 - 58, went shopping. My sis mum-in-law wanted to get a pair of sunglass, so we headed to Wheelock Place to look for my hunky optician who checks my eyesight since I was in Pri 3 (not only he's gd looking, I alwaz trust his taste in choosing eyewears and offer very gd service). We stayed in the shop for more than an hour... looking at pairs after pairs of sunglasses, checked my eyesight and made my contact lenses.. but actually, i can't help but to stare at my hunky optician, some of you know who he is.. rite JinCheng?

While my sis and her mum-in-law were searching for a best pair of sunglass for my sis mum-in-law herself and my bro-in-law, a question suddenly popped into my head,

I asked my sis:"Do I need a pair of sunglass to see the midnite sun?"

haha.. I'm so smart, after asking this question, my sis offered to buy me a pair! coz I only own pasam malam pairs of sunglasses and she say it will harm the eyes as it doesn't block UV rays. Yippie! But I'm a nice sister... I said I would pay back after the trip.

My hunky optician went looking for few that suits my face-shape and he came back with 3 in a few mins. One is Christian Dior, one is Police, and another I can't remember what brand.



This is the Christian Dior pair which my hunky optician says it's very Glamorous coz there's a row of swarovski crytals on the top of the frame.

Hunky optician:"Joyce, I think this will suit you very well as you can carry the glamour of this pair"

Me:"huh? but my face so small!?"

Hunky optician:"yes, your face is not long. But you've got the features and hair volume to carry it off. It will look good on you"

oh...my god! I nearly fainted. A compliment from my hunky optician! I feel like i'm floating in the air... but well, I dun really like it and it's too exp(S$385). So i din get it.

So I tried the can't-remember-what-brand pair.. not nice, and eventually that is why I dun remember the brand. Then I tired on the Police pair. Voila! It suits me perfectly! I like the slightly translucent lens..the light-weight frame and it flatters my face shape! I intend to get this pair tho' it's not cheap too. But it's more than half the price lesser than my bro-in-law's Rudy Project(S$470),and cheaper than my sis mum-in-law's pair (can't-remember-what-brand too) which cost S$270 and my sis already owned Chanel (S$380).


Police is a famous brand from Italy juz like Rudy Project. Yup JC, incase you find Rudy Project sounds familiar, it's actually the pair which you nearly purchased that day.

Ahh...what a 'Sunglassy' Day.

|